For me, Christmas time means I am spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking goodies. My favorite thing to make around this time of the year is this fudge! It is only 6 ingredients and much easier than you think to make. You don’t need a fancy candy thermometer like with some fudge recipes.
This fudge is so smooth and addicting. While I was taking pictures of the fudge, my brothers would not stop pestering me until I gave them a few pieces! I say few because you really can’t only have one piece. This fudge is the kinda’ thing that makes me mourn for all the people of the word with peanut allergies.
This fudge will make all your friends think you are master candy maker, so let them think that and try this recipe!
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 lb/2 cups of sifted powdered sugar
- Before you start making the fudge, measure out all your ingredients. I will put the brown sugar and milk in one bowl, peanut butter and vanilla in another, and the sifted powdered sugar in it’s own bowl. With fudge you want to act kinda fast, so this makes the whole process a lot easier
- Have out a glass 8×8 pan to pour the fudge into.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add in the milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, and then let it boil for 2 minutes. It should look a little foamy while it is boiling. Be sure to continuously mix the mixture.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Then, whisk in the powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the pan and allow to cool.
- Put it into the fridge to further harden.