Who doesn’t like the idea behind Mug Cakes? Whenever you have a cake craving, you can make yourself a mini cake. It’s so simple and it’s done in a few minutes! Plus, I love watching the cake rise up out of the mug in the microwave. 🙂
The other day, I had the craving, making my brother and I each a cake for our nightly “snack.”
My grandmama gave me this recipe a couple of years ago in her cute cursive handwriting.
Some mug cakes turn out eggy or bland, but this cake is so rich and chocolate-y. The recipe she gave me said that one mug cake serves 2, but somehow Will and I both managed to finish our own cake. 😉
- 4 tablespoons of self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips/ a handful or two
- Spray the mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and cocoa in the mug.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Add in the milk, oil and vanilla.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for a minute- a minute and a half. Be careful not to overcook, or it will become tough!