I was so excited when my pimento plant finally produced a red pepper! I brought it inside, all ready to make pimento cheese, when my mother told me I couldn’t use it raw.. I was so disappointed. My little pimento all ready, but I couldn’t use it. Thankfully we had peppers in the fridge I could use!
This pimento cheese is wayyy better than your average pimento cheese you’ll buy at the store. Sometimes you’ll get one that has a weird tang, or it’s a weird gritty texture, or its just cheese paste with pimentos. Anyways this is way better than those basic pimento cheeses. 🙂
This pimento cheese is simple and a southern classic. You can eat it on crackers, eat it on a sandwich, in your grits, on a burger, or anything else you put cheese on.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 4 oz diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 1/2 cups- 3 cups of shredded cheese
- Mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise. If the cream cheese doesn’t fully mix, place in the microwave to softened it a little more.
- Add in pimentos- You can easily buy pre-diced pimentos, or dice them yourself.
- Measure out and add seasonings, mixing well.
- Fold in cheese. Sharp cheddar works best, but mild cheddar is also fine. I added a little mozzarella just to add something a little different. Add more or less cheese depending on the texture you want.