At sleepovers, I usually eat 99% of the cookies. Sweets at night time are my weakness. I just can’t do savory or salty. Sweet all the wayyyyyy.
These cookies are the perfect bring-to-sleepover kinda cookie.
Or the eat all by yourself kinda cookie.
The original recipe calls for white chocolate chips, which makes them taste like white macadamia nut cookies. And that makes me happy because have you seen how expensive macadamia nuts are?! No thank you.
So definitely try this recipe with white chocolate chips. I decided to change things up this time and use chocolate chips. (Ok maybe it was because Dollar General didn’t have white chocolate….)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 heaping cup of chocolate chips- or white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Slowly add in both of the sugars, beating well.
- Beat egg in just until the yellow disappears. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Gradually beat into the butter mixture.
- Once the flour and butter mixture are well blended, stir in oats and pecans.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons unto a greased baking sheet, or use parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.