Yay for healthy desserts! This super easy banana ice cream will meet all your sweet tooth desires and diet requirements. 🙂 I tend to keep frozen bananas in the freezer so whenever I am craving this yummy dessert, I can make it in no time. I promise you will be amazed how much this tastes like the real thing.
I decided to take a spin on cookie dough ice cream by adding some peanut butter bites to this simple banana ice cream. You may or may not know I have a slight (huge) obsession with peanut butter. Any chance I can, I try to add peanut butter to my food. To make the cookie dough/peanut butter bites, I used a recipe for Paula Deen’s peanut butter bars, but added in some oats and made the dough into tiny bites.
- 3 ripe Bananas
- about 2 Tablespoons of milk (depends on how smooth it comes out)
Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats (or just pulse regular oats in a blender/food processor)
- just under 1/4 cup powdered milk
- Dice bananas into coins and freeze for several hours, ideally overnight.
- Make the peanut butter bites by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Chill either in the freezer or fridge. I put mine in the freezer for less than 10 minutes. This helps you to roll the dough into little balls better.
- Once chilled, take the dough out, roll into the size you want to go in your ice cream. I made mine pretty small. Place back in the fridge until you prepare the ice cream.
- To prepare the ice cream, place the frozen bananas into a blender or food processor. I prefer the food processor because I think it turns out more smooth. Turn on the food processor,and add in a little milk to help it thicken up. It quickly turns from banana chunks to smooth, creamy ice cream.
- Serve by either mixing in or topping the ice cream with the peanut butter bites.
- Keep left over peanut butter balls/dough in the fridge.